Wednesday, December 21, 2011

holiday bargains

I first posted this on December 16, 2010 and thought it was worth another go around.  I still believe the gifts we give to others, of our time and our attention, are probably the most important thing we can do.  I hope your holiday shines with happiness and love.  Mine will.  ~cath xo



Looking for the perfect gift for that special someone?  Don't have much money to spend this year?  Here are a few suggestions for last minute giving that make perfect gifts:






Smile.  That's it.  Smile at someone.  It truly is the gift that keeps on giving.





Listen. When someone is talking to you, just listen to what they have to say.  And smile at them when you can.






Look.  Into the eyes.  Make eye contact when you are listening and smiling.









TouchGive that person a hug.  Or a handshake.  Touch the person's shoulder while you listen.






             










Laugh.  Together.  At a shared thought, at a shared joke.  Laugh.  It is contagious, and heals many things.



Time.  This one is the best bargain.  Give someone a few minutes of your time.  Your undivided attention.  Do all of the above while you are giving that person some time.

These are just a few of the bargains I have discovered and wanted to share with you.  They don't cost much.  And keep on giving long after you have given them away.

Blessings on you all during this holy season.

5 comments:

  1. I have found that one of the things I give out the most in my office, is HUGS. Sometimes people come in, and I just know they are hurting and struggling, and I tell them I will keep them in my prayers and then I give them a hug. Sometimes that hug....is the most important encouraging thing they receive....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Jerene and when that is all you can do it helps more than you realize...a way of connecting...
    thanks for the comment gf...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, wonderful ideas! Thanks for this Cath and I hope you enjoy the holidays! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joy Page Manuel Thanks Joy and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! We often forget simple things!

    ReplyDelete