Tuesday, March 1, 2011

...persevere to persevere...

This month I set a goal.  I belong to NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month, a website that supports and encourages budding bloggers.  (There is a cute little hot pink and black badge down there close to the bottom of that right column if you want to find out more about the site.)  They provide daily "prompts" or suggestions for blogging, and also have a monthly contest that encourages you to post a blog entry every day for a month.

Now I have come close to this goal a couple times, but life got in the way and I was a few posts shy of a whole month.  So, like any determined blogger (can I actually call myself a "real" blogger now? do I qualify?) I am giving another slap at it.  Not to win anything, but just to see if I can be disciplined enough to complete a whole month's entries.  In the same month.

The prompt for this month is "In a Word".  It can be any word of my choice, but I have to use that word that day as the focus for my blog.

I believe there is a lot of power in words.  Words can sometimes seem meaningless, but most definitely even the most meaningless or mundane of words have an impact.  So my word for today, which has a strong meaning for me at this moment, is PERSEVERE.

Pretty big old word isn't it?  But for me it means determination.  That even though I have failed twice before to complete my NaBloPoMo goal, I am still determined to try it again.  Why do I want to make a third attempt?

Because it requires discipline.  Which is a trait I do not have in abundance.  By persevering, I hope to strengthen that trait.  And become a stronger person because of it.

So this month I will PERSEVERE.  And if I fail, I won't let that stop me from trying again.

But I won't fail.  Not this time.  Because my karma is good.  :)

I hope you'll follow this little journey and see where it takes me.

By the way, I am posting this 70 minutes before the deadline for the first day.  I am being somewhat disciplined.  I need to persevere a little earlier tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for you Cath! Because I know your karma is good:)

    Looking forward to the journey...

    Joy and peace,

    ~ Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive words Debra and Anonymous, if I can stick to it and finish, that will be its own reward!

    ReplyDelete