Saturday, October 22, 2011

my haven

I'm sitting on the couch again tonight. I worked today, trying to catch up with a mountain of paperwork. What a week... What a week...

The difference tonight is that all my kids and grandkids were here when I got here. The house was rollicking when I got here. I swear I could see it shimmying and shaking from the laughter.

What a nice way to arrive home. To a houseful of laughter and love. Lights beaming through the front window, like a beacon. Beckoning me to my haven. My place. Where I am safe from the world.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could all feel such safety and peace, such welcoming?

Tomorrow I'll share the flip side of the coin. For tonight I'll relax and enjoy the kids. And sweet peace.

~cath xo
Twitter @jonesbabie

2 comments:

  1. What a happy mental image you created! (btw, that spider over there is creeping me out! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Beckey Glad you enjoyed the post Beckey! Happy Halloween! :D

    ReplyDelete