Wednesday, May 16, 2012

a rose by any other name

"Put a rose in your nose and see how it grows"
                                                                                       ~childhood taunt


maddie mudface
Recent conversation with my 6 year old granddaughter Maddie:

Maddie: (pointing to the bridge of her own nose and rubbing it lightly) Grammy, is that where you got hit with the baseball bat?
Me: Yes Maddie it is.  It hurt really bad for a few minutes, then I was ok.  Oh, it bled a lot too.  (She likes hearing about the blood.)
Gramps: (as he passes by and hears what we are talking about) And when I was in high school, my nose got hit when I was playing football, and got knocked clear over on the side of my face.
Maddie: It did Grammy?

maddie candyface
Me: Yes Maddie.  Gramps and I both have noses that are crooked.
Maddie: Is that why you got married?
Me: Yes Maddie, that is why we got married.  Our noses fit.

I started laughing and Maddie rolled her eyes at me in disgust and walked away.


~cath
Twitter @jonesbabie

12 comments:

  1. I told you the best is yet to come Thom! Every day, every word out of their mouths, is an adventure in hilarity. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! As the Little Man would say "eeewww... old people love!!" : ) Thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeewww...old people love...wait...I'm the old people... :D haha!

      Delete
  3. She is gorgeous. Some kids' words are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Muriel...even sweaty and dirty and sticky she is gorgeous to me...but then she's my grandkid. ;D

      Delete
  4. LOL! Priceless conversation and a beautifully smart kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scary what comes out of the mouths of kids sometimes... :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. She's sweet as sugar most of the time Joy... :D

      Delete
  6. I can see her rolling her eyes! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She still does roll her eyes at me when she knows I am laughing at her. :D

      Delete