Saturday, May 5, 2012

today's high will be...

"Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn't for you."
Ogden Nash


Stevie Wonder and I made a date several weeks ago to go to the movies to see the Avengers when it was released. Our son Jim took Jack ( the oldest grandson) to see it last night. Said the crowds were horrid.

I hate crowds. SW isn't crazy about them either, unless it involves a sport and beer. We decided to go in the morning. I figured it would be packed with kids.

Evidently kids don't get up early anymore. The theater was mostly empty. We talked Wretch into ditching her studies for finals and she came too.

After all, the movie was full of hunks. (Not the theater, the film.) I drooled and moaned at the muscles and beautiful male superheroes Thor and Captain America. Wretch laughed every time I moaned. Iron Man is still my favorite. Sarcasm wins over brawn every time for me.

It was a good day. What else stands out? The conversation SW and I had on our way to the movie. Driving down the road, we were discussing mileage. I mentioned the fact that my car got 40 mpg one time. (I was repeating what I had heard Stevie Wonder say several times in the past about my car.)

Stevie said "any vehicle will get good gas mileage when you drop it out of a tree. We were driving downhill from Sacramento to southern California and THAT was why it got 40 mpg. That ONE time ONLY."

All I heard was the first part of the remark. I thought he was telling me I was stupid and replied haughtily:

"I don't drop out of effing trees when I drive."

His response? He scoffed. And snorked.

The movie was the high point of the day.

It's Saturday after all, and my brain has the day off.

life is good...
~cath xo
Twitter me @jonesbabie

2 comments:

  1. Too funny - supoer hunk heroes! Cap'n America does it for me - I love any hunk-y man in a cape! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except Captain America doesn't wear a cape.. That would be Superman. But you don't tug on Superman's cape. :D

      Delete