Monday, December 24, 2012

you said what?

Getting old presents a real challenge in communicating. Every day Stevie Wonder and I struggle to communicate in a way that is conducive to maintaining our relationship. In other words, we try not to piss each other off too much. Somedays are more challenging. It all depends on what is being said, and what we think is being said.

Most of the time we are alone in our daily struggle. Sometimes we have a witness. Which may or may not be a good thing. Today it was a good thing.

I was headed to the kitchen, and Stevie Wonder said "getting laid at Christmas is an awful thing." That is what I heard. So I turned and replied to what I thought I heard.

Me: Getting laid at Christmas is bad? Why do you think that is a bad thing?

Wretch started laughing at this point...that should have clued me in...

Stevie: NO! I SAID getting laid OFF at Christmas is an awful thing to happen!

Me: oh...

I think we may have to start drawing pictures for each other...

~life is good... cath
I am @jonesbabie on Twitter


2 comments:

  1. selective hearing at its finest!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selective hearing aided by old age lol. Thanks for stopping by Laurel!

      Delete